Saturday, April 5, 2008

iPhone Firmware 2.0 - A review

I am proud to announce that I have aquired the 2.0 Firmware. For more information, just e-mail me at john.delaney@iphonesite.tk. Unfortunatly, the build that I have does not have AppStore or MobileStore (iTunes Store)

Some New Features
 -Scientific, Redesigned Calculator
 -MS Exchange Mail Support
 -Changed Settings
 -Parental Controls
 -Contacts Slight Changes
 -Mass Mail Deletion

Disadvantages
 -No Jailbreak yet
 -No Installer.app Support
 -No AppStore YET
 

If you have any questions, again, email john.delaney@iphonesite.tk. Screenshots, videos will come soon.

This is probably the most exciting day of my iPod touch life! 

How to get it on your iPod/iPhone
1. Download PwnageTool (iphone-dev.org)
2. Acquire the 2.0 Firmware (Can't tell you where, but hint: The Pirate Bay)
3. Download the 1.1.4 ipsw (Google it)
4. Open PwnageTool
5. Browse & Load the 1.1.4 ipsw file, and connect your iPod
6. Run iPwner
7. Now Load the 2.0 ipsw
8. Click IPSW Builder, and wait
9. Restore w/ iTunes to the Customized ipsw

Note; if you do not understand these instructions, it's best if you hold of until an easier method comes through; I don't want to be dealing with angry mail (that's John.Delaney@iphonesite.tk :) )

---UPDATE 2---

:)Okay, I've played around with the Firmware again, and I found that it's VERY slow, crashes a lot, and the Mail Settings are very buggy. Oh well, it's a beta version, you can't really expect anything better.

Working fine for me now, I mean you don't really need a Jailbreak with this awesome FW. Remember, post a comment below and I will give you the Instructions. I do not want to post them here for legal reasons. 

Anyways, Farewell and more updates coming...

Link to 2.0 Apps: http://rapidshare.com/files/104636357/2.0FW_Default.zip.html

---UPDATE 3---

I took some screenshots, they should be up soon... anyways, that's all I have to say for now. They will be posted on ImageShack and Rapidshare.

0 comments:

BidVertiser

Also, do not forget to download the Alexa toolbar! The Alexa toolbar lets you take your full advantage of the internet.

AdEngage

BidVertiser

AdEngage